Vietnam reported 4,360 new local Covid-19 cases Tuesday, down 1,022 from Monday and marking the lowest daily tally in 78 days.
According to health ministry, Ho Chi Minh City accounted for the most infections, 1,491 new cases, followed by its neighboring provinces of Binh Duong (1,107) and Dong Nai (653).
Health ministry also confirmed 134 Covid-19 deaths on Tuesday, including 104 in HCMC and 15 in Binh Duong.
Vietnam’s Covid-19 death toll since the beginning of the pandemic is 19,979, accounting for 2.4 percent of the total number of infections, local media reported.
Of the fatalities, 19,944 have lost their lives during the fourth wave that hit the nation in late April and since then has been responsible for 813,736 infections.
A total of 25,573 patients were announced recovered on Tuesday, raising the total recoveries in the fourth wave to 741,874.
Nationwide, 51,295 Covid-19 patients are now under treatment, including both local and imported cases.
The country has vaccinated 47 million people with at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot. Over 11 million have been fully vaccinated with two doses, the VNExpress citied a report from health ministry.
- Vietnam posts lowest daily rise in COVID-19 cases in over two months
- Vietnam sees lowest daily COVID-19 infections in a month, total tops 800,000
- Pakistan sees lowest COVID-19 positivity rate in 8 months, Indonesia reports 13,668 new cases
- Vietnam confirms 11,017 Covid-19 patients recovered on Tuesday
- Domestic Covid-19 tally exceeds 150,000 in fourth wave
- New daily Covid-19 infections still near 10,000
- Vietnam reaches 728,435 Covid cases, death toll surpasses 18,000
- HCMC’s Covid-19 infections exceed 41,000
- Vietnam logs 5,382 new Covid-19 cases, tally of the fourth wave reaches 809,376.
- Covid-19 Deaths in Vietnam’s HCMC Fall to Lowest Point in 40 days