Medical workers perform flight procedures at Tan Son Nhat airport. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines operated five flights on October 5 to transport close to 1,000 medical workers and medical students back to Hanoi after they completed their mission in assisting the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and the pandemic situation in the southern region has changed for the better.
The medical workers and students are from many medical institutions in northern localities such as Hanoi and Cao Bang, Dien Bien, and Thanh Hoa provinces.
The group flew to Ho Chi Minh City in August and September to support the city’s pandemic fight. They worked at temporary COVID-19 treatment hospitals and helped with the collection of samples for testing and other logistics tasks.
In response to the pandemic, Vietnam Airlines has to date transported nearly 12,000 medical workers and hundreds of tonnes of medical supplies and equipment and vaccines across localities nationwide.
- PM asks 40 localities to support HCMC, other southern localities to tackle pandemic
- Cao Bang sends medical workers to assist COVID-19 fight in Ho Chi Minh City
- HCMC needs over 7,000 more medical workers for Covid-19 fight
- First Vietnamese flight carrying medical supplies from the US arrives in Hanoi
- Over 300 medical students, lecturers from Hai Duong travel to HCMC to fight Covid-19
- 14 provinces say to help HCMC fight Covid
- Several provinces send medical workers to HCMC to support Covid-19 fight
- Pandemic hit province calls for medical personnel students to join Covid battle
- Hundreds of thousands of medical masks given for free
- Another COVID-19 treatment hospital sets off to support southern localities