Vietnam recorded additional 5,382 local Covid-19 cases in 37 localities Monday, up 15 cases from previous day, pushing the ongoing wave’s tally to 809,376.
According to the health ministry, three localities with the highest number of new cases were Ho Chi Minh City with 2,490 cases, Binh Duong with 1,210 cases and Dong Nai with 701 cases.
The number of Covid cases in HCMC in the current outbreak has surpassed 400,000.
Related: Over 44.63 million people in Vietnam have been given at least one Covid-19 vaccine dose
The authorities also confirmed 27,683 recoveries the same day, bringing the total tally of recovered cases so far to 721,480.
According to health ministry, the Covid-19 death toll in the country rose to 19,845 with the confirmation of 130 deaths Monday.
The data showed, average number of new cases in the country for the past seven days has been 6,835 a day while the national death rate has been 149 a day on average.
Nationwide, over 34.6 million people have been given at least one Covid-19 vaccine dose, of them 10.9 million people have been fully vaccinated, according to a report by VNExpress.
- Vietnam reaches 728,435 Covid cases, death toll surpasses 18,000
- Vietnam recored 8,603 new covid cases, total reached 1,029,183
- COVID-19 recovery data showed improvement in Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh city may have 40% more unrecorded Covid-19 cases
- Covid-19: Vietnam logs 9,150 new cases as vaccination campaign reaches over 13 million people
- Over 44.63 million people in Vietnam have been given at least one Covid-19 vaccine dose
- Vietnam logs 7,487 new Covid-19 cases, total reaches 947,733
- New Covid-19 wave tally in Vietnam tops 1,162,000
- Covid-19: Vietnam records 10,639 cases with 380 new deaths on Thursday