The opening of the fourth plenum of the 13th Party Central Committee (Photo: Dang Khoa)
NDO/VNA - The 13th Party Central Committee opened its fourth session in Hanoi on October 4 under the chair of Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong who delivered an opening remark.
In the morning, the committee's members observed a minute’s silence in commemoration of civilians, soldiers and officers who lost their lives during the COVID-19 pandemic before the plenary meeting started and was presided over by Politburo member, President Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
Politburo member, Permanent member of the Party Central Committee’s Secretariat Vo Van Thuong, on behalf of the Politburo, delivered a report on the agenda of the session.
Later, the Party Central Committee's members debated in groups reports on the implementation of the socio-economic development plan for 2021 and the draft socio-economic development plan for the next year.
They also reviewed the implementation of the State budget plan this year, the State budget estimate in 2022 and the financial and State budget plan from 2022 – 2024, and discussed the delay of the starting time for the implementation of salary policy reforms under Resolution No. 27-NQ/TW of the 7th plenum of the 12th Party Central Committee, the recent efforts in fighting COVID-19 and related policies, tasks and solutions for the coming time.
The Party Central Committee's members continued to work on these contents in groups in the afternoon of October 4
- Party Central Committee to elect members for new term
- Party Central Committee convenes 14th Plenum
- 13th Party Congress mulls over documents
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum focuses on personnel work
- Press release on opening session of 13th National Party Congress
- 13th tenure Politburo of 18 members elected
- Politburo member Dinh Tien Dung assigned as Secretary of Hanoi Party Committee
- Party Central Committee convenes 13th plenum
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum ends earlier than expected