Vietnam Health ministry confirmed 5,367 new local Covid-19 cases Sunday, down 110 cases from previous day, pushing the ongoing wave’s tally to 803,994.
Ho Chi Minh City continued leading the number of new cases with 2,461 cases, followed by Binh Duong with 1,283 cases and Dong Nai with 821 cases.
Of the day’s tally, 2,674 cases were detected in the community, according to health ministry.
Related: Buses, taxis, and contract passenger cars resumed in HCMC
The Health Ministry also confirmed 28,859 recoveries the same day, bringing the total tally of recovered cases so far to 693,797.
The Covid-19 death toll in Vietnam rose to 19,715 with the confirmation of 114 deaths Sunday.
The average number of new cases in the country for the past seven days has been 7,401 a day while the national death rate has been 105 a day on average.
Nationwide, over 44.63 million people have been given at least one Covid-19 vaccine dose, according to health ministry.
Also read: Vietnam domestic air routes officially resumed
In Hanoi, local authorities will tighten the management of hospitals under a request by the municipal deputy chairman Chu Xuan Dung.
The Hanoi Department of Health on Saturday night took more than 150 people who were in close contact with COVID-19 patients, or often called F1, at the Viet Nam-Germany Friendship Hospital to a quarantine centre at the HanoiUniversity of Physical Education and Sports in Chuong My District.
Director of the department said that the department proposed the municipal steering committee and the Ministry of Health to set up a plan for collective quarantine for more than 1,100 relatives of COVID-19 patients.
At present, the hospital does not receive patients for regular treatment, and receives emergency cases only, Vietnam News reported.
- Vietnam logs 5,382 new Covid-19 cases, tally of the fourth wave reaches 809,376.
- Ho Chi Minh city may have 40% more unrecorded Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam recored 8,603 new covid cases, total reached 1,029,183
- Vietnam reaches 728,435 Covid cases, death toll surpasses 18,000
- COVID-19 recovery data showed improvement in Vietnam
- Hanoi, Hai Phong cancel mandatory quarantine for air passengers as new Covid cases remain low
- COVID-19: 220 new cases raise tally to 12,014
- Covid-19: Vietnam logs 9,150 new cases as vaccination campaign reaches over 13 million people
- Vietnam logs another 95 domestic Covid-19 cases and one more death Sunday noon
- Covid-19: Vietnam logs another 9,580 new cases as HCMC will continue social distancing