The heath ministry confirmed 5,490 new cases of COVID-19 in Vietnam on Saturday, down 1,464 compared to Friday and the lowest daily increase the country has seen in the past month.
Just 13 of the new cases were imported, according to health ministry.
HCMC, Binh Duong and Dong Nai provinces continued to lead the country with new daily infections, 2,723, 1,517, and 509 respectively, but these are down by hundreds compared to yesterday’s figures.
Related: Localities ready to welcome vaccinated tourists after lockdown
In Hanoi, th cluster at Vietnam Germany friendship Hospital has grown to 28, including 11 Hanoi residents. 7,260 samples have been taken for testing, while the health ministry has asked Hanoi autoroutes to arrange quarantine facilities for relatives of patients treated at the hospital and for the hospital’s medical workers.
The latest caseload brings country’s total number of infections to 803,202, with 798,626 the result of the fourth wave of infections that swept the country since late April.
The country’s seven-day average of daily confirmed new cases is down by 600 cases to 8,065 compared to yesterday.
According to health ministry, the country also logged a new record of number of patients given the all-clear on Saturday, with 28,857 recoveries, higher than the previous record seen yesterday, bringing the country’s total recoveries to 664,938.
6,337 patients are in serious condition, according to the health ministry’s report, with 805 requiring invasive ventilation and 25 on life support (ECMO), health ministry reported.
A total of 164 COVID-19 deaths were recorded on Saturday, bringing the seven-day average to 165. Viet Nam has had 19,601 COVID-19 fatalities to date, or 2.5 per cent of the total infections.
760,643 doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered on Friday, putting the total administered shots in Viet Nam to more than 43.6 million. 10.1 million people have received two doses of vaccines, according to Vietnam News.
- HCMC continues to the lead the daily Covid-19 tally as 1000 people in Hanoi forced into quarantine
- Over 4,100 new Covid-19 infections reported
- Vietnam reports daily spike of 64 local coronavirus infections, one-third at hospital
- 100 more domestic infections reported
- New daily Covid-19 infections still near 10,000
- 15 new community cases reported in Bac Ninh and Hanoi on Saturday morning
- Daily new Covid-19 cases reach new high
- Vietnam reports daily spike of 64 local coronavirus infections
- Ministry confirms 4,642 more Covid-19 cases
- July 31: Vietnam reports 45 coronavirus cases, highest ever daily caseload