Venerable Thich Minh Quang, head monk of the Phat Tich Pagoda in Vientiane, has presented gifts to the Lao Front for National Construction. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA -Venerable Thich Minh Quang, head monk of the Phat Tich Pagoda in Vientiane, has handed over to the Lao Front for National Construction 25 million LAK worth of essential goods (over VND50 million) to help people who are being severely affected during the COVID-19 pandemic, especially those who are staying in quarantine.
The goods are donated by Vietnamese monks, nuns and Buddhist followers in Vientiane.
At the hand-over ceremony on October 1, the Venerable, who is also head of the coordinating board of Buddhism in Laos, said the donors hope the goods would help alleviate some of the difficulties for Lao people.
Khamchan Phomxengsavan - Standing Vice President of the Lao Front for National Construction highly appreciated the contribution of the Vietnamese monks, nuns and Buddhist followers in Laos, which she said showed the bond and concern of the Vietnamese community in Laos for the host country, especially in difficult times.
- Phat Tich Pagoda in Vientiane presents gifts to overseas Vietnamese
- HCMC Buddhist Sangha proposes using pagodas as Covid-19 treatment hospitals
- Vietnam Buddhist Sangha presents medical equipment to India
- Go'vt committee accompanies Buddhist dignitaries, followers in HCM City COVID-19 fight: Official
- HCMC leaders praises Buddhism’s contribution to society in different fields
- Expats in Laos hold requiem for flood victims in central Vietnam
- HCMC monks Buddhists raise VND 1 billion for Covid hit India
- National Assembly Vice Chairman extends best wishes on visit to Buddhist leader
- President receives religious dignitaries in Hoc Mon district