Vietnam confirmed 6,941 new Covid-19 cases Friday, pushing the ongoing wave’s tally to 793,150.
Epicenter HCMC continued to the lead the daily tally with 3,670, followed by Binh Duong with 1,787 cases, health ministry reported.
On average, the country has recorded 8,665 cases a day for the past seven days.
Related: Vaccinated passengers will not be required to take Covid-19 tests
With the deaths of 136 people announced Friday, the pandemic’s death toll in Vietnam rose to 19,347.
In a positive development, a record number of patients were given the all-clear today. 27,250 new recoveries today bring the total recoveries in Vietnam to 636,081.
However, 6,131 patients are in a serious condition; 808 require invasive ventilation and 25 are on life support (ECMO).
The data showed, since the start of the pandemic, the country has recorded 797,712 cases.
Nationwide, over 33.1 million people have been vaccinated at least once, according to health ministry.
More than 1000 people in Vietnam capital city will be forced into quarantine after an outbreak of coronavirus inside the Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital.
The information was disclosed by director of the municipal Health Department, Tran Thi Nhi Ha, while inspecting the new cluster at the Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital on Friday morning.
According to a report by local authorities, as of Friday afternoon, they have taken over 4,000 samples of people who have close contact with the newly-detected Covid-19 patients at the Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital.
A section of Phu Doan Street has also been locked down to prevent possible viral spread.
On Thursday, a patient at the hospital’s Tumour Ward tested positive for Covid-19. After that, the building where the patient stayed was locked down.
The Hanoi CDC has called on all people who came to Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital between September 15-30 to contact their local medical agencies or call two hotlines 0969.082.115 and 0949.396.115 for support.
The hospital announced on Friday afternoon that they would only admit patients in emergency and patients who are on dialysis.
- COVID-19 updates: Vietnam breaks record for new daily cases as HCMC runs out of vaccines
- COVID-19 recovery data showed improvement in Vietnam
- Vietnam recorded 433,465 Coronavirus recovered since the pandemic began
- Vietnam confirms 314 new Covid-19 cases and one more death in a single day
- Vietnam keeps breaking the its record of daily COVID-19 cases – How did this happen?
- Vietnam records 29 more Covid-19 deaths
- Covid-19: Vietnam logs another 9,580 new cases as HCMC will continue social distancing
- Vietnam’s daily Covid-19 tally reached a new high as military oversees food provision in HCMC
- Most of 81 new Covid cases recorded in Vietnam’s HCMC on Friday morning