A vaccination site in Dong Da District (Photo: Duy Linh)
NDO/VNA - Vietnam confirmed 4,589 COVID-19 infections, including 6 imported cases, in the past 24 hours to 5pm on September 28, according to the Ministry of Health.
The figure showed a sharp reduction of 4,759 cases from the previous day.
Ho Chi Minh City, the country’s current largest pandemic hotspot, confirmed just 787 cases, but its mass testing using rapid antigen tests found 3,417 positive cases.
Binh Duong province, another hot spot also saw the number of cases down 1,218 to 2,575.
The national caseload rose to 770,640.
A total of 21,487 patients were given the all-clear on September 28, raising the number of recoveries to 559,941.
As many as 178 deaths related to the pandemic were announced on the day, raising the tally to 18,936.
On September 27, 879,618 doses of COVID-19 vaccines were injected, bringing the total so far to 40,095,031, with 8,597,064 people getting full two shots.
- Another 10,011 COVID-19 case reported on September 26
- COVID-19: 10,508 cases added to national caseload on September 14
- COVID-19: additional 11,692 cases recorded on September 21
- COVID-19: 9,706 new cases added to national tally
- Additional 13,321 COVID-19 cases reported on September 10
- Vietnam reports 11,478 COVID-19 cases on September 12
- Vietnam logs additional 13,137 COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19: 14,922 new COVID-19 cases reported on September 3
- Vietnam reports 9,180 new COVID-19 cases on August 13