Vietnam’s HCMC has proposed that the prime minister allow the city to apply its own guidelines for economic reopening.
According to a report by the Saigon Times, in a document sent to the prime minister, HCMC Chairman Phan Van Mai said the city appreciates the guidelines on “safely and flexibly adapting to and effectively controlling Covid-19”.
However, with its specific economic conditions, the city needs particular rules for economic reopening.
Related: Vietnam to ease COVID restrictions and allow businesses to restart production from next week
The city will collaborate with competent agencies to draw up the plan and send it to the prime minister soon for consideration, Mai said.
In addition, HCMC suggested the Government prioritize Covid vaccine allocations for the city and neighboring provinces in the southern key economic zone to reach their vaccination goals in accordance with the guidelines on “safely and flexibly adapting to and effectively controlling Covid-19”.
Speaking at a meeting of the national steering committee for Covid prevention and control on September 25, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh said the committee has adjusted the pandemic response strategy, from “zero Covid” to “safely and flexibly adapting to and effectively controlling Covid”, to facilitate economic recovery.
The prime minister asked the Ministry of Health to collect recommendations from cities and provinces, and seek advice from experts to issue the temporary guidelines soon.
After the guidelines are issued, it will be adjusted to be suitable with the Covid situation. Based on the temporary guidelines, cities and provinces can relax social distancing measures after September 30, the Saigon Times reported.
- PM says to prioritize Covid-19 vaccine allocations for HCMC
- All inner-city road barriers in HCMC will be removed in the next few days
- HCMC issues detailed guidelines on stay-at-home order under intense Directive 16
- No plan to re-open border to international tourism, says Vietnam’s Prime Minister
- ‘Vietnam Must Act Now’: Foreign Investors Warn Of Lost Opportunities
- Reopening: What will a “new normal” look like in Vietnam?
- Vietnam to ease COVID restrictions allow businesses to restart production from next week
- Breaking news : reopening plan in HCMC and Vietnam
- HCMC allowed to purchase and import Covid-19 vaccines