Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh speaking at the meeting. (Photo: TRAN HAI/NDO)
NDO/VNA – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh on September 26 presided over an online meeting with representatives of the business circle and localities to discuss measures to continue supporting firms in the context of the COVID-19.
According to the leader, since the start of the pandemic, the government has worked out various policies in support of the company. The National Assembly recently joined the government in the effort, and the government is currently building measures to help companies recover and develop their operation and has asked the NA to amend many laws to help the firms.
Representatives of the business circle thanked the government and the PM for their support, and welcomed the advocate of shifting from the “zero COVID” goal to flexibly and safely responding to the pandemic. They also expressed their determination to join the government and the people in winning over the pandemic, recovering and developing production and business.
Participants raised proposals to the government and the PM such as giving firms the initiative in fighting the pandemic and developing their production; continuing to prioritise vaccinating workers; re-opening firms whose workers are fully vaccinated; allowing domestic and foreign tourism conditionally.
They also asked the PM to instruct sectors and localities to remove hurdles in the transport; be flexible in implementing regulations on entry for experts; continue the reform of administrative procedures, especially those for firms to get support from the government; continue to work out policies on capital, taxation and fees; and prepare industrial zones for the new investment wave.
The PM took note of the proposals and thanked the community for joining the Party, State and people in the pandemic fight and their efforts in socio-economic maintenance and development.
He asked the firms and businesspeople to continue giving their ideas and joining the government in making institutional breakthroughs; taking a more active part so as to improve the quality of the human resources; accelerating the digital transition; restructuring firms; and joining the technology transfer.
The leader called for joint efforts among the firms, the State and the people to overcome the current difficulties.
- Pham Minh Chinh reelected as Prime Minister
- Prime Minister, southern localities discuss COVID-19 fight
- PM chairs Government meeting on law building
- Vietnam hopes to receive more US support in COVID-19 combat: PM
- Prime Minister chairs August cabinet meeting
- PM Pham Minh Chinh chairs first regular Government meeting
- PM orders law revision to create new impetus for development
- Vietnam always treasures and wants to further develop relations with ROK: PM
- PM works with eight southern localities on pandemic control measures
- Teleconference between Government, businesses to take place this weekend