Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The upcoming Russia visit by Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son aims to affirm that the strengthening of bilateral comprehensive strategic partnership is a priority of Vietnam, said Vietnamese Ambassador to Russia Dang Minh Khoi in an interview recently granted to Vietnam News Agency.
Khoi said the visit, scheduled for September 25-29, will be the first overseas trip by the Vietnamese Foreign Minister. It is also the highest-level visit to Russia by a Vietnamese official in the past two years when the two countries are coping with COVID-19 pandemic.
Via the visit, the minister wants to convey the most important message that the consolidation of Vietnam – Russia comprehensive strategic partnership is a consistent policy and guideline of the Vietnamese Party and State, and Russia is always a priority in Vietnam’s external policy, Khoi said.
About the fight against COVID-19, the diplomat said the two countries have maintained channels to share experience in pandemic prevention and control as well as worked closely together on vaccine issues.
As regards the significance of the visit, Khoi said the visit is meant to maintain all-level liaison between the two nations, enhance collaboration in politics, external relations, national defence and security.
It is due to take place in the context that the two countries recently celebrated the 70th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties and the 20th anniversary of strategic partnership in 2021, and are preparing for the 10th anniversary of comprehensive strategic partnership next year.
FM Son will mention collaboration in pandemic prevention and control, medicines and vaccines, and post-pandemic economic recovery, he said, adding that the visit is also expected to maintain, restore and strengthen economic, trade and tourism bonds.
In the near future, Vietnam will gradually re-open tourism market for fully vaccinated visitors who show a certificate of negative RT-PCR testing result to the virus. Vietnam considers Russia a key market in the field, Khoi said.
According to the ambassador, Minister Son will also talk with Russian leaders on the Vietnamese community in the country.
- Vietnam treasures comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia: FM
- Vietnamese Ambassador presents copy of credentials to Russian Deputy Foreign Minister
- Defense Minister calls for more science-technology cooperation with Russia
- Vietnamese Embassy in Russia Steps Up Vaccine Diplomacy
- Russia, India, China support relations based on international law
- Strengthening Cooperation Between Vietnam and Kaluga Russia
- Lavrov, Blinken discuss upcoming Russia-US summit over phone
- Vietnam treasures cooperative relations with Russia: Party chief
- CSV enables Nestlé Vietnam to step closer to sustainability