President Nguyen Xuan Phuc visits US pharmaceutical company Pfizer. (Photo: VNA)
NDO - During President Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s visit to the company on September 23, US pharmaceutical company Pfizer pledged to fully deliver Vietnam’s order of 31 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine by the end of the year.
The Vietnamese leader spoke highly of Pfizer’s shipment of 2.8 million doses to Vietnam under the contract, noting that the vaccine has made an important contribution to Vietnam’s efforts to curb the virus.
President Phuc underlined that ensuring a sufficient vaccine supply is significant not only to protecting people’s lives but also to ensuring socio-economic stability and development in Vietnam, preventing disruptions to supply chains and facilitating the operation of businesses, including US ones.
He asked Pfizer to increase its vaccine supply to Vietnam in September and deliver the remaining doses in full by the year-end as well as to soon create a concrete roadmap to deliver the vaccine for children aged between 12-18.
The Vietnamese head of state also called for the early completion of approval procedures so that other countries such as Poland can quickly transfer vaccines to Vietnam once Vietnam reaches agreement to repurchase the Pfizer vaccine from such countries.
For his part, Pfizer Senior Vice President Jonathan Selib stated that the company pledges to supply all 31 million doses for adults to Vietnam this year and another 20 million doses for children once data on safety and efficacy is fully available.
Selib also took note of Vietnam’s proposal on cooperation in vaccine manufacturing and said that the company will soon complete the procedures for Vietnam to receive Poland’s vaccine.
Pfizer welcomed the establishment of the US CDC Southeast Asia regional office in Vietnam, adding that the company and the office will work closely with Vietnam to prevent diseases.
- Pfizer pledges 20 million Covid-19 vaccine doses for Vietnamese children
- First 100,000 Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine doses to arrive in Vietnam on July 7
- Vietnam will get 31 Million Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses this year
- First Pfizer vaccine shipment to arrive in Vietnam tomorrow
- Brazil buys 100 million more doses of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine
- Ministry allows use of Pfizer vaccine for those receiving AstraZeneca in first jab
- 31 million doses of Pfizer vaccine to arrive in Vietnam in Q3, 4
- Nearly 50 million doses of Pfizer vaccine to arrive in Vietnam by year-end
- Viet Nam to purchase 31 million Pfizer vaccine doses