Vietnamese Ambassador to Ukraine Nguyen Hong Thach (second, left) at the event. (Photo: baoquocte.vn)
NDO/VNA – A set of Vietnamese language teaching textbooks have been launched at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev.
The textbooks were compiled by Ha Thi Van Anh and a group of teachers as well as experts from the Institute of Linguistics.
Speaking at the ceremony, Volodymyr Burgov, Rector of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev, said Vietnam is one of the countries with a long-standing traditional friendship with Ukraine.
Vietnam has achieved many achievements in economic development in recent years, he said, adding that strengthening relations with the country was very necessary.
Teaching the Vietnamese language contributes to improving the prestige of the university, and will open up more employment opportunities for students, he said.
The rector said he expected that the textbooks would contribute to making Vietnamese language teaching more professional and effective in the coming time.
Vietnamese Ambassador to Ukraine Nguyen Hong Thach emphasised that teaching the Vietnamese language in Ukraine and the Ukrainian language in Vietnam are very important to promote friendship and cooperation between the two countries.
He appreciated the compilation and publication of the first Vietnamese language textbooks in Ukraine, saying it would be helpful to the teaching and dissemination of the Vietnamese language in Ukraine.
The ambassador hoped that with the launch of the Vietnamese textbook in both languages, the Vietnamese language would become closer and reach more Ukrainians.
- ASEAN centre inaugurated in Ukraine
- Vietnamese community in Kiev plan language classes for expat children
- Stepping up establishment of ASEAN Centre at major university in Kiev
- Teaching Vietnamese Abroad A Colorful Challenge
- New first-grade textbooks cause public resentment in Vietnam
- Senior teacher makes three proposals to newly appointed Education Minister
- Teaching Vietnamese in Taiwan: Promoting international affection towards Vietnamese
- Two Ivy League Universities Offer Vietnamese Language Courses For The First Time
- Vietnam s tourism boosted at Ukraine International Travel and Tourism Exhibition 2021
- HCMC publicizes new textbooks for academic year 2020-2021