President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba (CPC) Central Committee and President of Cuba Miguel Díaz Canel at the ceremony. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba (CPC) Central Committee and President of Cuba Miguel Díaz Canel chaired an official welcome ceremony for President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and the Vietnamese delegation at the Palace of the Revolution in Havana on September 19 evening (local time).
Following the ceremony, the two leaders held talks. After that, they are expected to witness the signing ceremony of cooperation documents between the two countries’ ministries, sectors and enterprises.
Earlier, President Phuc met with President of the National Assembly of the People’s Power Esteban Lazo Hernandez, during which he said that Vietnam hopes to further develop its relations with Cuba.
The host affirmed that Phuc’s official visit will tighten the special traditional friendship and cooperation between the two peoples.
The two leaders agreed that the bilateral relations have developed continuously over the past time, with high-level exchanges and activities of bilateral cooperation mechanisms maintained.
President Phuc affirmed that the Vietnamese National Assembly as well as ministries and sectors are willing to coordinate and cooperate with the Cuban National Assembly.
Vietnam has always stood shoulder-to-shoulder with and supported Cuba, and protested and demanded the lifting of embargo against the Caribbean country.
The same day, President Phuc and the Vietnamese delegation laid flowers at the Monument to national hero Jose Marti.
- Vietnamese President arrives in Havana, beginning official friendly visit to Cuba
- Vietnamese, Cuban Presidents discuss measures to further promote bilateral ties
- Party leader holds phone talk with Cuban Party First Secretary
- Vietnam Cuba look toward cooperation in COVID 19 vaccine production
- Vietnam s President Looks to Strengthen Relations with Thailand Chile Cuba Russia
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc receives Cuban friendship officials
- Bilingual book released boosting VN – Cuba relationship
- Congratulations to newly-elected Vietnamese leaders
- President hosts foreign ambassadors