A pregnant staff member at the Malaysian embassy receives a COVID-19 vaccine shot at the National Hospital of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Hanoi. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – About 4,000 foreigners in Hanoi were vaccinated against the COVID-19 pandemic from September 15-18.
To fulfil the target of administering COVID-19 vaccines to all of foreigners living, studying and working in Hanoi, the capital city has instructed the medical centre of Nam Tu Liem district to prepare for the inoculation.
Accordingly, the centre has coordinated with the 115 Emergency Centre and Hanoi International Friendship Hospital JSC in the preparation work.
The vaccination has been carried out at the My Dinh National Stadium in My Dinh 1 ward, Nam Tu Liem district.
As of September 17, nearly 97 percent of people aged 18 years old and above in Hanoi had received at least one shot of COVID-19 vaccines.
The municipal health department reported that the city registered 15 cases of COVID-19 on September 18 morning, including 14 at quarantine establishments and one in the community.
The community infection was found in Viet Hung ward, Long Bien district.
Since the fourth wave of the pandemic broke out in Vietnam late April, Hanoi recorded 3,901 cases, of which 1,597 cases were detected in the community.
- Hanoi offers COVID-19 vaccination for foreigners at two select venues
- Where to get COVID-19 vaccines in Hanoi as a foreigner
- Hanoi and HCMC speed up vaccination for foreigners. Here’s how to get vaccinated
- Over 660 foreigners in HCMC vaccinated
- Will foreigners be able to get COVID-19 vaccination in Vietnam?
- 200,000 foreigners in HCMC will get vaccinated very soon
- How Hanoi can give the first shot to all residents aged from 18 before September 15
- Nearly 18,000 foreigners in Vietnam’s HCMC received first Covid-19 vaccination jabs
- Young man dies 39 hours after receiving Covid-19 vaccine