The “Mid-Autumn Festival for Children” programme will take place at 8pm on September 21 in online form. (Photo: VNA)
NDO – The fifth episode of an online art exchange programme with the theme “Sharing love, overcoming the pandemic” and a special online arts programme entitled the “Mid-Autumn Festival for Children” are scheduled to take place on September 18 and 21, respectively.
According to the Department of Performing Arts (DPA) under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, both programmes will be livestreamed on the Vietnam Performing Arts Youtube channel, the DPA’s fanpage and the participating artists’ facebook pages.
Specifically, the “Sharing love, overcoming the pandemic” programme will be held virtually at 8pm on September 18, at the Vietnam National Music, Song and Dance Theatre; the Vietnam National Drama Theatre; the Vietnam Cheo (traditional opera) Theatre; the People’s Public Security Theatre; and the Kon Tum Provincial Cultural and Arts Centre. Outstanding Artist Xuan Bac and Miss Vietnam 2015 Do My Linh will be MCs of the programme.
Meanwhile, the “Mid-Autumn Festival for Children” programme will take place at 8pm on September 21 inonline form at the Vietnam Puppet Theatre; the Vietnam Circus Federation; and the Thang Long Water Puppetry Theatre.
A representative from the DPA said the Mid-Autumn Festival is a traditional cultural feature of the Vietnamese people, especially meaningful for teenagers and children.
The two programmes aim to bring joy and enrich the spiritual life of the people. especially children during this social distancing period.
- Typical faces of performing arts industry in 2021 honoured
- Theatre comes to national TV about COVID-19 pandemic
- Art programmes planned to boost people’s spirits amid pandemic
- National Theatre Festival 2021 could be scaled down
- 'Lanterns light up dreams' programme connects children in 7 provinces and cities
- Vietnamese theatre artists to attend online Asian festival
- Vietnamese theatre to perform famous Greek tragedy at online Asian festival
- Art performance to connect people to overcome pandemic
- The Artists' Wall talk show features theatre artists
- Contest to find new circus talents kicks off