Vietnamese President Nguyen Xuan Phuc (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - President Nguyen Xuan Phuc held phone talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on September 16, during which the leaders discussed directions and measures to further strengthen the Vietnam-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership, cooperation in COVID-19 prevention and control as well as regional and international issue of common concern.
Phuc said that Vietnam always treasures the traditional friendship and comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia and hopes to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in all fields, for the mutual benefit of the two nations.
The two leaders agreed to take measures to further facilitate bilateral trade and investment, expand cooperation and accelerate the implementation of important projects in key fields such as energy, oil and gas, as well as national defence and security in the post-pandemic period.
The Vietnamese President thanked Russia and hoped to continue receiving its support in vaccines, treatment drugs and medical supplies to fight the pandemic. He also wanted Russia to give Vietnam priority in accessing vaccines and speed up the transfer of vaccine production technology to Vietnam.
The Russian President agreed to keep up the assistance and cooperate closely with Vietnam in this field.
The two leaders committed to closely and effectively coordinating at regional forums, and agreed on the settlement of disputes in the East Sea/South China Sea by peaceful means, based on respect for international law, including the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
The Vietnamese President affirmed that Vietnam always welcomes and is ready to act as a bridge for Russia to expand cooperation with the ASEAN and the Asia-Pacific region. He asked Russia to continue to pay attention to support and create favourable conditions for the Vietnamese community who are living, working, and studying there.
President Putin invited President Nguyen Xuan Phuc to pay an official visit to Russia soon and the invitation was accepted with pleasure. The Vietnamese President also said he looks forward to welcoming President Putin to Vietnam early for an official visit.
- Party chief holds phone talks with Russian President
- Vietnamese Party chief, Russian president hold phone talks on bilateral cooperation
- Vietnamese President holds phone talks with Romanian counterpart
- Vietnamese State President Holds Phone Talks With Romanian Counterpart
- Vietnam s President Looks to Strengthen Relations with Thailand Chile Cuba Russia
- PM Phuc holds phone talks with Malaysian counterpart
- Vietnamese President sends letter to US counterpart
- State President China must handle sea issue in accordance with international law
- Vietnamese and Malaysian PMs talk bilateral cooperation, issues of shared concern