PM Pham Minh Chinh attends the teleconference. (Photo: NDO/Tran Hai)
NDO/VNA – The Government will build an action plan on developing science and technology that involves digital transformation, digital economy, and digital society to help improve people’s living standards, said Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh at a nationwide teleconference held on September 15.
With a theme on Vietnamese sci-tech intellectuals’ implementation of the 13th National Party Congress’s Resolution, the event gathered more than 1,500 leaders of ministries, sectors and localilities, the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA), and sci-tech organisations and firms.
At the event, PM Chinh affirmed amid the global integration and the 4th Industrial Revolution, the Party identified that Vietnam’s development must be done via and rely on science and technology.
The Government is building a legal corridor for the growth of the sector, particularly in health, education and training, telecommunications, finance, and services, he said.
The Government leader underscored the need of democracy promotion and collective knowledge mobilisation in considering new issues that can bring about breakthroughs.
He also recommended expanding international cooperation and connectivity as well as attracting the engagement of overseas Vietnamese via suitable incentives.
At the conference, participants briefed outstanding activities of the intellectual group in the past time, proposed solutions to science and technology development, and introduced a number of development models and sci-tech applications.
- Ministry urged to submit National strategy on digital economy and society in August
- Science and technology one of the country's major policies: official
- Pham Minh Chinh reelected as Prime Minister
- PM highlights promoting cooperation in digital transformation at global summit
- Pham Minh Chinh sworn in as Vietnam's new prime minister
- Prime Minister Promotes Digital Economy Development At Global Summit
- 15th Government convenes first meeting
- Vietnam determinedly accelerates national digital transformation process
- Party Leader Attends Vietnam Fatherland Front s National Conference