First Secretary of the Vietnamese Embassy in Laos Tran Dai Thang beats the drum to open the new school year 2021-2022. (Photo: VNA)
NDO – The Nguyen Du Lao-Vietnamese Bilingual School, located in Vientiane, held a virtual opening ceremony for the new school year 2021-2022 on the morning of September 15 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Vietnamese Ambassador to Laos Nguyen Ba Hung sent a flower basket to the school to congratulate its teachers and students.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Principal Sivanheuang Phengkhammay said that despite facing the COVID-19 pandemic in the 2020-2021 school year, the school has made efforts to ensure that the learning were not interrupted.
Teachers have tried to research and provided guidance to students to learn online effectively. Thus, the school will continue to achieve encouraging results.
First Secretary of the Vietnamese Embassy in Laos Tran Dai Thang congratulated the school's teachers and students for successfully completing their tasks amid the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic.
He affirmed that the Vietnamese Embassy in Laos will always accompany and support the school to achieve higher achievements in the future, turning the school into the flagship for Vietnamese people in Laos.
He also suggested the school spend a certain amount of time on Vietnamese culture and history in order to deepen the special friendship between the two countries while helping both Vietnamese and Lao students have better understanding about Vietnam.
- Unitel helps Nguyen Du bilingual school improve quality
- President's spouse receives representatives of Lao-Vietnamese bilingual language school
- Elementary students in Truong Sa island district enter new school year
- The Polish Embassy gives computers to a high school in Hanoi
- 23 million Vietnamese students enter new academic year
- New school year to begin on September 1
- New school year begins with joy amid COVID-19
- HCMC’s students expected to return for 2020-2021 school year on September 1
- Danang covers tuition fees of students for 2021-2022 school year