ROK tourism agency in Vietnam launches online dance contest amid COVID-19 (Photo courtesy of the organisers)
NDO/VNA – The Vietnam Office of the Korean Tourism Organisation (KTO) has launched a dance contest with the participation of ITZY, a girl group of the Republic of Korea (ROK), on Tiktok video-sharing focused social networking service.
The event will run until September 21, with total prizes worth over VND100 million (US$4,400).
The organiser said the event is aimed at bringing joy and positive energy to the public during social distancing in a bid to curb the spread of COVID-19 in Vietnam.
KTO Chief Representative in Vietnam Park Jong-sun voiced his hope that Vietnam will soon bring COVID-19 under control and the ROK can welcome Vietnamese tourists in the coming time.
The dance contest has attracted thousands of entries of young people across Vietnam and more than 250 million views on Tiktok.
K-pop sensation ITZY has been named honorary ambassador of the KTO since 2020.
The KTO Vietnam Office is set to arrange various virtual events in this year’s fourth quarter.
- Contest encourages people to dance with ITZY
- New dance emerges on TikTok to fight COVID-19
- Design contest encouraging people to combat COVID-19 launched
- Contest for AI implementation launched in HCMC
- Online photo contest launched to promote Ho Chi Minh City tourism
- Fine arts contest for children launched
- City photography association launches first international photo contest
- Photo contest promote tourism and culture of Khanh Hoa
- South Korea is preparing to welcome Vietnamese tourists ?