Vietnam records 10,508 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours to 5pm September 14. (Photo: NDO)
NDO/VNA - Vietnam recorded 10,508 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours to 5pm September 14, taking the total number of infections to 635,055, according to the Ministry of Health.
There were also 276 fatalities during the day, raising total death toll to 15,936, or 2.5 percent of the national caseload.
Among the new cases, there were 12 imported and 10,496 local. Compared to the previous day, the total number of cases reduced by 672.
Ho Chi Minh City still topped the list with 6,312 new infections, followed by neighbouring Binh Duong province with 2,178, Dong Nai (777), Long An (379). The capital city of Hanoi logged 21 cases.
A further 12,683 recoveries were reported on September 14, taking the total number of patients given the all-clear to 398,461.
There are currently 5,933 people being treated in intensive care units.
A total of 30,348,920 people have been vaccinated nationwide at least once, with over 5.62 million getting full two shots.
- National COVID-19 caseload increases by additional 12,607 cases
- COVID-19: 14,922 new COVID-19 cases reported on September 3
- Additional 12,663 COVID-19 cases logged on August 29
- Additional 13,321 COVID-19 cases reported on September 10
- Vietnam confirms no new COVID-19 cases, 28 recoveries on September 1
- Vietnam reports 13,197 COVID-19 cases on September 2
- Additional 645 COVID-19 cases reported on July 8 afternoon
- Vietnam logs 12,680 new COVID-19 infections, 335 deaths
- Vietnam records 12,481 new COVID-19 cases