Health authorities reported, over 29.28 million people in Vietnam have received at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot, in which 5.32 million people have been fully vaccinated.
345 fully vaccinated people from the U.S. arrived at the Van Don Airport in the northern province of Quang Ninh in two flights Sunday under vaccine passport policy.
The country also recorded another 11,168 new Covid-19 cases in 35 localities Monday, down 301 from previous day. The new cases brings the country total to 620,166.
Of the day’s tally, 5,926 cases were detected in the community with unclear sources of transmission while the rest had been contained in lockdown and quarantine areas.
Related: Hanoi to ease lockdown regulations after September 15
Ho Chi Minh City led numbers of cases with 5,446 cases, Binh Duong with 3,651 cases and Dong Nai with 768 cases.
381 deaths were announced Monday, raising the death toll to 15,660, or 2.5 percent of infections.
The health ministry also reported 11,200 discharges the same day, bringing the total tally of recovered cases so far to 385,778.
The average number of new cases in the country for the past seven days has been 12,446 a day while the national death rate over the past week has been 279 a day on average, according to VNExpress.
Vietnam welcomed two flights with 345 fully vaccinated people from US under vaccine passport policy at the Van Don Airport in the northern province of Quang Ninh in two flights Sunday.
All passengers on the flights had already been fully vaccinated and had negative RT-PCR test results for Covid-19 validated by authorities in the host country 72 hours before departure, therefore meeting the Health Ministry criteria outlined in the vaccine passport program.
Also read: Vietnam welcomes the first 300 fully vaccinated international arrivals
The passengers will be quarantined at the Vinpearl Resort and Spa Ha Long Hotel for seven instead of the usual 14 days. All of them, deemed at low risks for Covid-19 infections, had to undergo procedures similar to normal repatriation flights like body temperature checks, submission of health declarations, wearing masks and keeping a safe distance at all times, local media reported.
They were also divided into groups of old people, the disabled, pregnant women, children under 12 and other classifications to speed up customs procedures at the airport.
Vietnam closed its borders and canceled all international flights in March last year. Only Vietnamese repatriates, foreign experts, diplomats, investors, students and highly-skilled workers have been allowed in since with stringent quarantine requirements.
- Covid-19: Vietnam reports 13,101 new cases, over 21 million people vaccinated
- COVID-19 recovery data showed improvement in Vietnam
- Covid-19: Vietnam logs 9,521 new cases as Hanoi will extend strict lockdown in most parts of the city
- Covid-19: Vietnam now ranks 77th among 222 countries in terms of infection numbers
- Covid-19: Vietnam records 10,639 cases with 380 new deaths on Thursday
- Coronavirus updates: Vietnam records 7,445 cases, 389 deaths as 1.188 million AstraZeneca vaccine doses arrived
- Additional 13,321 COVID-19 cases reported on September 10
- The Health Ministry recorded 2,014 Covid-19 patients Monday morning
- COVID-19 updates: Vietnam breaks record for new daily cases as HCMC runs out of vaccines