An old apartment building in Hanoi. (Illustrative image/Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - The Hanoi People's Committee has just submitted a report to the municipal People’s Council for approving in principal a project to upgrade and rebuild old apartment buildings in the capital city.
According to the municipal People's Committee, only 19 projects to upgrade and re-build old apartment buildings in Hanoi (or 1.2 percent of the total), have been completed and put into use. Meanwhile, 14 others are being implemented. It attributed the slow progress to different difficulties.
In order to remove difficulties, in December 2019, the municipal People's Committee established a team of experts, and assigned the city’s Department of Construction to be responsible for researching and proposing mechanisms and policies, and developing a project to renovate and rebuild old apartment buildings.
On April 20, 2021, the municipal Party Committee issued Decision No. 947-QD/TU on establishing a steering committee for renovating old apartment buildings in the city.
The municipal People’s Committee and the steering committee have met to consider and give opinions on a draft project on renovating and rebuilding old apartment buildings in Hanoi.
The project is expected to be considered and approved in principle at the 2nd meeting of the municipal People’s Council on September 14-15. This will be basis for the Hanoi People's Committee to conduct next relevant steps.
- The reason Hanoi suspends the planning of the old apartment building is Giang Vo
- Project to repair deteriorating apartment buildings stagnant
- Hanoi old apartment buildings in danger of collapse
- HCMC turns apartment buildings into COVID-19 treatment hospitals
- Experimental tax program for apartment lessors proposed
- Hanoi needs to speed up five key transport projects: Municipal Party chief
- Evacuation floor could see apartment prices soar
- Building Hai Phong into Green and Modern City
- Hanoi new apartment supply hits 5-year low