At the ceremony to hand over the batch of “Cytoflavin” COVID-19 treatment drugs to Vietnam. (Photo: NDO)
NDO – The Government Committee for the External Relations of Saint-Petersburg (Russia) and the “Polisan” Science & Technology Company based in the city has granted a batch of “Cytoflavin” COVID-19 treatment drugs to Vietnam Ministry of National Defence.
The batch of treatment drugs, worth over VND1 billion, consists of 2,376 boxes with a total weight of 297kg.
The drug "Cytoflavin", registered in Vietnam with code VN-22033-19, is used for the treatment of ischemic stroke and post-Covid-19 complications and their consequences.
Russian doctors also use this drug to treat cardiovascular and brain complications for COVID-19 patients, with good results.
Under the authorisation of the Defense Ministry, Vietnam's Defence Attache Agency in Russia received the “meaningful gift”.
Speaking at the handover ceremony, Vietnamese Defence Attache in Russia Colonel Tran Tien Phuong expressed his sincere thanks to Saint Petersburg Government in general and the Government Committee for External Relations of the city in particular.
He said that the invaluable support will help prevent the COVID-19 pandemic in Vietnam while contributing to further enhancing the comprehensive strategic partnership between Vietnam and Russia.
Phuong also expressed his hope that Vietnam would receive more support from Saint Petersburg in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic and wished the Polisan Company more development and success.
For his part, Polisan Director, Dmitry Borisov hoped the batch of drugs will contribute to dealing with the epidemic, while improving the quality of Vietnamese people’s lives.
The Committee for Foreign Affairs of Saint Petersburg City, especially its Vice Chairman Vyacheslav Kalganov, has paid much attention to the transfer of the drugs to Vietnam.
- First batch of Remdesivir arrives in Vietnam
- India grants emergency use authorisation to new COVID-19 drug
- Molnupiravir will be used for treatment of Covid-19 patients at home
- Drug trafficking ring busted at hospital in Hanoi
- Covid-19 Drug and Treatment Tracker: Are there any that work?
- Tropical diseases hospital receives two drug parcels to fight COVID-19
- Mentally ill patient found running drug trafficking ring inside hospital
- JICA provides COVID-19 treatment equipment for Cho Ray Hospital
- Vingroup Donates 500 000 Medicine Doses To Treat Covid Patients