Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Quoc Khanh at the event (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – A Vietnamese delegation led by Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Quoc Khanh attended the virtual 13th Cambodia - Laos - Myanmar - Vietnam Economic Ministers' Meeting (CLMV EMM 13) on September 10.
The event was held within the framework of the 53rd ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Meeting and related meetings in Hanoi from September 6-15.
Participants highlighted the need to promote trade, investment and connectivity among the countries to implement the post-pandemic economic recovery plan.
The Vietnamese delegation suggested the nations continue with cooperation activities in the 2021-2022 CLMV Action Plan in combination with realising goals in the Initiative for ASEAN Integration and the Master Plan on ASEAN Economic Community till 2025.
It also proposed facilitating export-import among the countries, especially customs clearance at border gates, encouraging linkages among firms in the region in the fields of farm produce processing and export to form supply chains.
Concluding the event, Khanh wished that the CLMV countries and the ASEAN Secretariat would continue assisting Vietnam in fulfilling its role as the host of the CLMV economic cooperation mechanism in 2022.
- Cambodia backs use of digital technology
- ASEAN, Australia look toward stronger partnership
- ASEAN economic ministers hold consultations with partners
- APEC trade ministers convene virtual meeting on COVID-19
- Vietnam ready for 53rd ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- Indonesian FM: ASEAN expects members to commit to regional political, economic stability at AMM-53
- ASEAN, Russia work to shore up supply chains
- 53rd ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting, related meetings begin through online platform
- ASEAN countries seek to conclude RCEP deal this year