National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue and President of the Workers' Party of Belgium Peter Mertens (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue had a meeting with Peter Mertens, President of the Workers' Party of Belgium (PTB) in Brussels before leaving for Finland to continue his Europe trip.
The top Vietnamese legislator briefed the PTB leader on the outcomes of the 13th National Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam and the completion of the country’s leadership apparatus, as well as the socio-economic situation of Vietnam and the results of his working sessions with the European Council (EC) and European Parliament (EP).
He thanked the PTB for supporting Vietnam during the past struggle for national liberation and reunification and the current cause of national construction, expressing his hope that the party will continue to back Vietnam, especially in hastening the ratification of the EU-Vietnam Investment Protection Agreement by the Belgian Parliament and the European Commission’s removal of a yellow card on Vietnam's fisheries products.
For his part, Mertens congratulated Vietnam on the success of the 13th National Party Congress and its new leaders and extended his best regards to Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong.
He affirmed the PTB support for Vietnamese people and pledged to continue to stand for Vietnam during discussions at the Belgian Parliament and the EP.
Both sides agreed to continue to maintain meetings and strengthen cooperation through party channel in parallel with the State, parliament and people-to-people exchange channels.
- Top leader Nguyen Phu Trong re elected as Party General Secretary
- Politburo member Dinh Tien Dung assigned as Secretary of Hanoi Party Committee
- Biography of new NA Chairman of National Assembly Vuong Dinh Hue
- Newly elected National Assembly Chairman holds phone talks with Lao counterpart
- 13th National Party Congress a complete success: top leader
- Top leader holds phone talks with new Secretary General of Lao People’s Revolutionary Party
- Delegations pay homage to former Party leader Le Kha Phieu
- Politburo assigns Dinh Tien Dung as Hanoi Party Committee Secretary
- Int’l friends set high expectations for Vietnam’s 13th Party Congress