The ceremony is witnessed by NA Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Representatives from the Belgian Foreign Ministry handed over 100,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Vietnam to support its fight against COVID-19.
The ceremony, co-hosted by the Vietnamese Embassy in Belgium and the Ministry of Planning and Investment in Brussels, was witnessed by National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue.
Several Vietnamese organisations, businesses and intellectuals in Europe also presented medical supplies worth millions of USD to Vietnam.
To step up economic ties between Vietnam and Belgium, a number of deals to purchase medical equipment were also signed on the occasion.
Other memoranda of understanding relate to offshore wind power development, solar energy study, and wind-derived desalination technology. If 100,000 doses of vaccine funded by the Belgium Government are added, the MoUs are worth over VND84.4 trillion (US$3.7 billion) in total.
- Belgian firms updated on business opportunities in Vietnam
- Vietnam receives over 900,000 more AstraZeneca vaccine doses
- First Pfizer vaccine shipment to arrive in Vietnam tomorrow
- Ministry allows use of Pfizer vaccine for those receiving AstraZeneca in first jab
- US$10 billion offshore wind power project to be developed central Vietnam
- Over 1.2 million more AstraZeneca vaccine doses arrive in HCMC
- Over 1.2 million more doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine arrives in HCM City
- Nearly 660,000 AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine doses arrive in HCM City
- 580,000 more AstraZeneca vaccine doses ordered by VNVC arrive in HCMC