Vials of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine (Photo: Reuters)
NDO/VNA - The German Government has decided to offer Vietnam 2.5 million doses of the Astra Zeneca COVID-19 vaccine, as informed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on September 4.
Germany, earlier, announced its gifts of 75 ventilators, 15 medical monitors, and 20,000 oxygen meters for Vietnam, its strategic partner since October 2011.
Amid complicated developments of the pandemic, the Vietnamese Government prioritises approaching multiple sources of vaccines for the fast and effective vaccination to place COVID-19 under control.
To date, Germany has been the biggest vaccine donor among EU member nations for Vietnam. This was the result of Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh’s letter sent to and talks with his German counterpart Angela Merkel as well as the endeavour of the Government’s working group on vaccine diplomacy, ministries and Vietnamese representative agencies in Germany.
Germany is also among biggest donors of the COVAX Facility with its commitment of up to EUR2.2 billion. By the end of 2021, the nation is expected to grant 30 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines for developing countries.
- Vietnam gets over 1.2 million more AstraZeneca Covid vaccine doses
- Health Ministry proposes not buying additional 30 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine
- Vietnam to received over 501,000 AstraZeneca vaccine doses by Poland
- Vietnam to have over 120 million COVID-19 vaccine doses in 2021
- Vietnam to access 750,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses from Czech
- Vietnam to receive over 3.5 million Covid vaccine doses from Poland
- Vietnam receives first batch of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam to buy 30 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine from UK
- Over 2 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine arrive in Vietnam