Collecting samples for COVID-19 testing in Hanoi (Photo: NDO/Duy Linh)
NDO/VNA – Vietnam recorded 14,922 COVID-19 cases, including 28 imported ones, in the past 24 hours to 5pm on September 3, according to the Ministry of Health.
Ho Chi Minh City remained to report the highest number of daily infections with 8,499, followed by Binh Duong province with 3,676, Dong Nai 986, Long An 564, Tay Ninh 267, Tien Giang 154, and Kien Giang 104. The capital city of Hanoi logged 58 cases.
The new cases brought the national tally since COVID-19 broke out in Vietnam to 501,649.
A total of 270,668 patients have recovered from COVID-19.
As many as 338 fatalities were recorded on September 3, bringing the death toll to 12,476.
The country has to date administered over 20.83 million doses of vaccines, with nearly 2.96 million people having been fully vaccinated.
- Vietnam reports 13,197 COVID-19 cases on September 2
- Vietnam logs additional 12,103 COVID-19 cases
- Additional 12,663 COVID-19 cases logged on August 29
- National COVID-19 caseload increases by additional 12,607 cases
- Vietnam logs addtional 12,096 COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam logs additional 10,280 COVID-19 cases
- 2,861 more Covid-19 infections was recorded on this morning
- Vietnam logs 4,941 new COVID-19 infections
- Additional 4,254 COVID-19 cases reported on August 2 evening