Medical workers collecting samples for COVID-19 testing in Hanoi (Photo: NDO)
NDO/VNA - Vietnam sees 13,197 COVID-19 cases, including 11 imported ones, in the past 24 hours to 5pm on September 2, according to the Ministry of Health.
Ho Chi Minh City continued to see the highest number of daily infections with 5,963, followed by Binh Duong province with 4,504, Dong Nai 803, Long An 583, and Tien Giang 290. The capital city of Hanoi logged 48 cases.
The new cases brought the national tally since COVID-19 broke out in Vietnam to 486,727, ranking 55th among the 222 countries and territories.
A total of 259,324 patients have recovered from COVID-19.
As many as 271 fatalities were recorded on September 2, bringing the death toll to 12,138.
The country has to date administered over 20.54 million doses of vaccines, with over 2.88 million people having been fully vaccinated.
- Additional 12,663 COVID-19 cases logged on August 29
- National COVID-19 caseload increases by additional 12,607 cases
- Vietnam logs addtional 12,096 COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam logs additional 12,103 COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam logs additional 10,280 COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam Covid 19 Updates September 2 11 434 New Infections Logged
- Vietnam reports 9,180 new COVID-19 cases on August 13
- Vietnam reports biggest daily spike of Covid-19 with 9,710 domestic cases
- Covid-19: Ho Chi Minh City continued to report the highest number of new infections in the country