The event highlights the contributions of the local authority in promoting relations between the two countries.
Vietnamese flags fly in front of the City Hall of San Francisco, the US. (Photo: VNA)
Vietnam’s General Consulate in San Francisco, the US, and the municipal authorities held a ceremony to hoist the Vietnamese flag on September 1 morning to mark the country’s 76th National Day
Consul General Nguyen Trac Toan spoke highly of the contributions by the local authorities to promoting relations between the two countries, especially the determination to establish the sisterly relationship with Ho Chi Minh City right before the two nations normalized their diplomatic relations.
He thanked the US Government and the US Department of State for donating 6 million vaccine doses to Vietnam.
Toan also expressed gratitude to the San Franciso - Ho Chi Minh City Sister City Committee for its efforts to push up donation and relief programs to help the Government and people of Vietnam in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Consul General Nguyen Trac Toan (second from left) and representatives of San Franciso pose for a group photo. (Photo: VNA)
The diplomat said he hopes that the US Government and people will continue standing side by side and supporting the Vietnamese people to overcome difficulties and challenges caused by the pandemic under the motto "a friend in need is a friend indeed ", thereby supporting overseas Vietnamese in California to stabilize their lives.
Mark Chandler, Director of the San Francisco Mayor’s Office of International Trade and Commerce, thanked the Government and people of Vietnam for presenting 10,000 masks to the city from the first days of the Covid-19 pandemic.
On behalf of the city authorities, Chandler handed over to Toan San Francisco Mayor London Breed's statement declaring that September 2, 2021, is designated as the US-Vietnam heritage and friendship day in San Francisco.
- Consul General honoured for contributions to RoK-HCM City ties
- Vietnamese alumni in Netherlands pay tribute by promoting bilateral relations
- Honorary Consulate of Vietnam in Odessa province of Ukraine opened
- Vietnam presents friendship order to former S Korean Ambassador Lee Hyuk
- Vietnam, US continue development of multifaceted relations
- First Vietnamese flight carrying medical supplies from the US arrives in Hanoi
- Photo exhibition spotlights Vietnam-Czech traditional relations
- Citizens gather at Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum to attend flag raising ceremony on National Day
- U.S.-Vietnam bilateral relations archives exhibited in HCMC