Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh has hailed the medical sector, including medicine scientists, for bringing their brainpower to fight the COVID-19 pandemic over the past two years.
NDO/VNA – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh has hailed the medical sector, including medicine scientists, for bringing their brainpower to fight the COVID-19 pandemic over the past two years.
During a working session with 70 scientists, professors, doctors and leaders of the sector, hospitals, medical universities in Hanoi on September 1, PM Chinh said science-technology used in the sector has dealt with urgent issues, with scientists and experts playing a key role in innovation and creativity.
Amid the shortage of COVID-19 vaccines and medicines, he asked them to fully tap linkage with the network of scientists and science organisations worldwide to seek supplies, as well as offer instructions on COVID-19 examination and treatment on the mass media.
He expressed his belief that medical scientists will continue the tradition of predecessors to contribute to the community health, with their brainpower, mettle and aspirations.
Participants at the event said they are determined to dedicate to the country’s health care cause, especially amid the pandemic at present.
They affirmed that the Government’s COVID-19 prevention and control policy is right. To make it more effective, they suggested the Government continue directing the fight in the “5K+vaccine+medicine+technology” strategy, stepping up research and production of COVID-19 vaccines and medicines at home, especially vaccines for children.
- Three scientists receive Ta Quang Buu Awards 2020
- Conference for Young Scientists inspires innovation for cohesive ASEAN
- PM: home-grown vaccines must ensure safety, efficiency
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 vaccine expected to come out in Sept
- Three Vietnamese scientists awarded the Alexandre Yersin
- Three Vietnamese scientists awarded Alexandre Yersin prize
- Female scientists honoured with Kovalevskaia Award
- Female lecturer, scientists win Kovalevskaya Award 2020
- Vietnamese scientists honoured with Ta Quang Buu Award 2020
- Scientists Worldwide Pledge Their Trust in Science in Celebration of the International Day of Light