Vietnam confirms an additional 11,434 COVID-19 cases were on Wednesday and 364 Covid-19 related deaths. The country also announced an extra 440 fatalities that were registered on Tuesday.
As of today, total number of people who have lost their lives through COVID-related complications reaches 11,868, the equivalent of 2.5 percent of the total number of cases. Among these deaths recorded in the past two days, HCM City had the most with 658, Vietnam News Agency reported.
Of the new local infections announced Wednesday, HCM City had the most with 5,368, followed by Binh Duong with 3,440 cases, Dong Nai with 759 cases and Long An with 594 cases.
The capital city of Hanoi reported 51 new transmissions. Tonight, the city will relocate 1,200 people living in 328 alley and 330 alley on Nguyễn Trai Street, Thanh Xuan District, one of the hotspot in the capital at the moment, to the dormitory of FPT University in Hoa Lac. Three working groups have been set up to manage the relocation.
Among these, 6,759 were detected in the community. This has brought the country’s total number of COVID-19 infections to 473,530 so far.
Among the serious COVID-19 cases, 1,227 are having to use high-flow oxygen therapy via the high-flow nasal cannula (HFNC), 144 are on non-invasive ventilators, 907 on invasive ventilators and 24 are on life support machines.
Also on Wednesday, 9,862 patients were declared coronavirus-free, taking the total number of recoveries to 248,722.
As of September 1, the country has administered more than 20.2 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines. More than 2.7 million individuals have been fully vaccinated, according to Vietnam News Agency.
- Covid-19: Vietnam confirms 8,385 new cases and 388 deaths
- Vietnam records 8,788 new Covid-19 cases Wednesday, down 807 from Tuesday
- Vietnam sees another 4,806 Covid-19 recoveries, total reaches 85,154
- Vietnam reports 7,244 new COVID-19 cases
- Covid-19 updates: Vietnam logs 4,941 new cases in the past 12 hours, total reaches 205,656
- Vietnam confirmed nine more Covid-19 community transmissions Wednesday morning
- Vietnam confirms nine local Covid-19 transmissions
- Vietnam reports 9,180 new COVID-19 cases on August 13
- 2,861 more Covid-19 infections was recorded on this morning
- Vietnam records an additional 5,155 new Covid-19 cases in the past 12 hours