People queue up to board an aircraft during evacuation efforts at Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Photo: Reuters//VNA)
NDO/VNA – No Vietnamese citizen has been affected in the terrorist attack at Hamid Karzai airport in Kabul capital city of Afghanistan on August 26, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Spokeswoman Le Thi Thu Hang said on August 31.
In reply to queries about Vietnam’s reaction to the attack that caused serious casualties at the airport, Hang said Vietnam condemns terrorist attacks in any form.
She also conveyed profound condolences to families of the victims of the attack.
Hang added that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs directed the Vietnamese Embassy in Pakistan, concurrently Afghanistan, to continue reviewing and conducting citizen protection work.
Vietnam calls on concerned parties in Afghanistan to ensure security and safety of all Afghan citizens and foreigners living in the country, including Vietnamese citizens, she said.
- Vietnam closely follows Afghan situation and stresses indisputable meaning of 1975 victory
- US launches drone strike on Islamic State after Afghan airport blast
- Nations urge citizens to leave Afghanistan, there are no Vietnamese there
- UNSC: Vietnam calls for efforts to ensure safety for civilians in Afghanistan
- Pentagon says two explosions near Kabul airport; US, civilian casualties
- Afghan school blast toll rises to 58, families bury victims
- Taliban Says Afghanistan War Over as President Ghani Flees
- The United States’ longest war is over as all service member have left Afghanistan
- More than 60 countries say Afghans, others must be allowed to leave Afghanistan