Vietnam’s domestic Covid case count up by 12,591 on Tuesday.
HCMC needs extra 8.1 mln vaccine doses to inoculate all adults
Vietnam records another 12,591 local Covid-19 patients in 42 localities on Tuesday, down 1,628 against the previous day.
The business hub of HCMC accounted for most of new infections with 5,444 cases, followed by Binh Duong with 4,530 cases, Dong Nai 634 cases and Long An 587 cases.
Also read: Here’s how to get help during the coronavirus as foreigners in Vietnam’s Da Nang
So far, Vietnam has recorded 457,882 cases in the fourth wave and 236,086 have recovered
Ministry of Health confirmed 11,064 patients had died of Covid-19 as of Monday, mostly during the new wave. The ministry has not updated any new fatality on Tuesday, according to VNExpress.
HCMC needs 8.1 million more doses to have all 7.2 million of its people over 18 double vaccinated against the Covid-19 by end of this year.
For the remaining months of the year, the city’s vaccination program would commence in four phases, according to a vaccination plan issued by the local administration.
In order to have enough vaccines according to this plan, in addition to sources provided by Health Ministry, the city’s Health Department has been assigned to coordinate with relevant units to negotiate and buy the vaccines.
The city itself would continue to call for funding for vaccines from different sources at the same time.
Related: Here are what you need to know about vaccination campaign in HCMC
Local authorities in each district have been requested to administer the second dose as soon as they have access to vaccine sources.
So far, HCMC has inoculated 6.1 million above 18, or 83 percent of the total, with the first dose, VNExpress reported.
- Vietnam records 8,788 new Covid-19 cases Wednesday, down 807 from Tuesday
- Health Ministry reports 3,991 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam records 2,105 local Covid-19 cases in 18 localities over the last 12 hours
- Covid-19: Vietnam logs 9,150 new cases as vaccination campaign reaches over 13 million people
- Vietnam records 276 local Covid-19 cases, mostly in HCMC
- Coronavirus updates: Vietnam records 7,445 cases, 389 deaths as 1.188 million AstraZeneca vaccine doses arrived
- Covid updates: Vietnam logs 5,275 new cases, total reaches 83,191
- Covid-19: Hanoi records 96 new cases, Vietnam total cases reach 377,245
- Vietnam confirms 1,438 local Covid-19 cases in 18 localities Friday morning