Delegates at the hand-over ceremony (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The Indian Government has presented Vietnam with 300 oxygen concentrators and 100 metric tonnes of liquid medical oxygen (LMO) to help the country in the COVID-19 fight.
A hand-over ceremony was held in Ho Chi Minh City on August 31, with the participation of officials from both sides.
Tran Phuoc Anh, Director of the municipal Department of Foreign Affairs, thanked the Indian Government and people for their valuable and timely support, which is a mirror of the comprehensive strategic partnership between the two countries.
The aid, given to Cho Ray Hospital in HCM City, will significantly contribute to the pandemic combat in Vietnam, Anh said, expressing his hope that with the mutual support and cooperation, Vietnam and India will soon contain the spread of the coronavirus.
The Indian Government has presented Vietnam with 300 oxygen concentrators and 100 metric tonnes of liquid medical oxygen (LMO) to help the country in the COVID-19 fight. (Photo: VNA)
Madan Mohan Sethi, India’s Consul General to HCM City, highlighted the fruitful relations between the two countries, and affirmed that India always considers Vietnam a trustworthy, close partner in not only national defence, economy and IT, but also in health care.
He viewed enhancing cooperation between countries as an effective measure to fight COVID-19, saying India stands ready to join hands with Vietnam in this regard, especially in the sharing of knowledge and technology and improving the quality of medical personnel.
- Covid 19 fight Ventilators oxygen concentrators from Vietnam arrived in India
- Vietnam Buddhist Sangha presents medical equipment to India
- Vietnam Buddhist Sangha offers 1 8 billion VND medical aid for India
- Vietnamese Defense Ministry presents medical supplies to India
- HCMC monks Buddhists raise VND 1 billion for Covid hit India
- Vietnam Covid 19 Updates August 31 Additional 14 224 Covid 19 Cases
- Ho Chi Minh City Buddhist Sangha supports Indians with 33 ventilators
- Vietnamese friendship association donates over 100 ventilators to India
- Vietnam localities gift medical supplies to support Laos Covid 19 fight