The capital city has so far offered financial aid worth nearly US$33.05 million to 2.34 million disadvantaged households and people facing difficulties due to COVID-19. (Photo: Ha Noi Moi)
NDO/VNA – Hanoi has so far offered financial aid worth nearly VND750 billion (nearly US$33.05 million) to 2.34 million disadvantaged households and people who are struggling to make ends meet because of COVID-19 impacts.
> Overcoming difficulties during the pandemic
> What is Hanoi’s COVID-19 screening plan before end of social distancing?
Of the total, close to VND597 billion was sourced from the State and local budget while VND153 billion was funded by the private sector, data from the municipal Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs shows.
The amount included more than VND314.2 billion from the Government’s social welfare package which was granted to 1.58 million workers and employers affected by the pandemic.
Particularly, more than 80,000 informal workers across the city have received assistance worth over VND120 billion.
- Hanoi To Finish Providing Support For Several Groups by August 25
- Supporting workers and enterprises in difficulty during pandemic
- Labour confederation provide aid worth over VND1.22 trillion to pandemic-hit workers
- Saigon will spend US$10 million to support freelancers
- HCMC Labor Dept proposes supporting 230,000 workers affected by Covid-19
- HCM City unveils US$517 million aid package for SMEs
- Why businesses have not accessed the credit package of VND 16,000 billion?
- Nearly 1.3 million disadvantaged households access to preferential loans in H1
- Hanoi authorities issue resolutions to support pandemic-hit people
- International cooperation for the social welfare of the inhabitants