Nguyen Thanh Phong receives the decision from head of the Central Economic Commission Tran Tuan Anh. (Photo: VNA)
NDO - Former Ho Chi Minh City Chairman Nguyen Thanh Phong has been assigned to the Central Economic Commission (CEC) as deputy head, following a decision by the Politburo.
CEC head Tran Tuan Anh, a Politburo member, presented the decision to Phong at a conference on August 26.
Anh said Phong is a well-qualified and competent cadre with rich working experience through his various posts in the Ho Chi Minh City government over the years.
While extending congratulations to Phong, Anh expressed his confidence that Phong and the CEC will successfully fulfil the tasks assigned them.
For his part, Phong thanked the Politburo for placing trust in him and pledged to make efforts to perform his new duties effectively while expecting the continued support and cooperation of CEC leaders and employees.
Nguyen Thanh Phong was born in 1962 in the southern province of Ben Tre. He was Deputy Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee and Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee from 2015 to 2021.
- HCMC chairman becomes vice chair of Party’s Economic Commission
- Tran Luu Quang becomes Hai Phong City Party secretary
- Truong Thi Mai becomes first female head of PCC’s Commission for Organization
- Nguyen Van Loi assigned as Secretary of Binh Duong Provincial Party Committee
- Tran Hoang Quan appointed as Director of HCMC Department of Construction
- Nguyen Thanh Phong re-elected as HCMC chairman
- 13th tenure Politburo of 18 members elected
- Pham Minh Chinh sworn in as Vietnam's new prime minister
- Politburo assigns Dinh Tien Dung as Hanoi Party Committee Secretary