Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh speaks at the event (Photo: NDO/Tran Hai)
NDO/VNA – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh on August 25 chaired a ceremony to announce Decision 1438/QD-TTg on strengthening the apparatus of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
According to the Decision, PM Chinh was assigned as the head of the committee, with his deputies consisting of Deputy PM Le Minh Khai, Deputy PM Vu Duc Dam, Deputy PM Le Van Thanh and Vice Chairman of the National Assembly Nguyen Khac Dinh. The committee also includes ten other members.
The committee is responsible for building plans and setting out tasks and measures for drastic, timely, suitable, and effective pandemic prevention and control following directions and conclusions of the Party Central Committee, its Politburo and Secretariat, the National Assembly, and the Government.
It is also set to lead and make directions regarding COVID-19 prevention and control and health care tasks, ensuring social security and social safety and order.
In addition, the committee will closely coordinate activities of ministries, ministerial agencies and agencies under the Government, Party, and Vietnam Farther Front, and other socio-political organisations involved for the implementation of pandemic prevention and control plans and tasks as well as mobilisation and distribution of legal domestic and overseas resources for the work.
Speaking at the ceremony, PM Chinh said the strengthening of the committee's apparatus aims to continue performing directions, directives and resolutions issued by the Party, National Assembly, Government, and Prime Minister on pandemic prevention and control.
The Government leader affirmed the top priority is to control the pandemic, however, attention must be paid to such other tasks as ensuring national sovereignty and security, and Party building.
At the ceremony, members of the committee vowed to spare no effort in fulfilling their missions and joining hands with the entire nation to contain and push back the pandemic.
- Prime Minister becomes head of national steering committee for COVID-19 prevention
- Pham Minh Chinh sworn in as Vietnam's new prime minister
- Pham Minh Chinh elected as Prime Minister of Vietnam
- Pham Minh Chinh elected Prime Minister of Vietnam
- 16 Politburo members, 4 Party Secretariat members nominated for NA election
- Pham Minh Chinh becomes the Vietnam’s new prime minister
- 13th tenure Politburo of 18 members elected
- PM presents nominations for new Cabinet members to NA
- Pham Minh Chinh reelected as Prime Minister