US Vice President Kamala Harris at Noi Bai International Airport. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – US Vice President Kamala Harris arrived in Hanoi on August 24 night, beginning her visit to Vietnam from August 24-26 at the invitation of Vice President Vo Thi Anh Xuan.
> White House’s statement on US Vice President's visit to Vietnam
> US Vice President to visit Vietnam on August 24 - 26
According to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, trade between Vietnam and the US hit a record of US$90.8 billion last year, and they are working hard to raise the figure to US$100 billion this year.
Over the past five years, Vietnam’s export revenue to the US surged 230%, while its import value was up more than 175%.
The US has become Vietnam’s biggest buyer and the Southeast Asian nation has emerged as the 10th largest trade partner of the US.
- US Vice President Kamala Harris visits Vietnam Today August 24
- U.S. Vice President Harris could visit Vietnam next month
- Kamala Harris Takes ‘America Is Back’ Message to Vietnam
- U.S. Vice President trip to Vietnam delayed over ‘health incident’
- Kamala Harris set to depart Singapore for Vietnam after unspecified Delay
- Vietnam leaders congratulate US elected president Joe Biden
- “This is the time to heal in America”: President-elect Biden
- Top leaders of Vietnam send the congratulations to US President-elect Joe Biden
- Kamala Harris lands in Vietnam