Officials of the HCMC Market Surveillance Agency inspect medical products allegedly smuggled from China - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The HCMC Market Surveillance Agency on August 19 detected a truck transporting 300,000 medical products, including oxygen concentrators, oxygen pressure gauges, personal protective equipment and face masks, allegedly smuggled from China.
These products were transported from the north to HCMC for consumption, the local media reported.
The truck was parked on National Highway 1A in Binh Tan District when it was detected.
There were no documents proving the origin of the products, and the information on the labels was in Chinese.
The HCMC Market Surveillance Agency is conducting an investigation into the case.
- HCMC detects 15 tons of used rubber gloves imported from China
- Massive ring selling smuggled goods via livestreaming in northern region busted
- Chinese-packaged strawberries found smuggled to Vietnam’s Da Lat by air
- State budget revenue from key export products drops drastically
- Nghệ An police uncover wildlife trafficking ring from Lao to Việt Nam
- HCMC converts passenger coaches into ones transporting Covid-19 patients
- HCMC asked to provide home-based care for newly-detected Covid patients
- Transport of bodies of 41 Covid-19 patients to Ben Tre for cremation under investigation
- One more hospital in HCMC suspends operations after Covid-19 case detected