Thursday’s tally has put Vietnam’s total coronavirus tally at 312,611 cases and 7,150 deaths.
Total number of recovered cases so far reaches 120,059 cases.
The country has vaccinated nearly 16 million people with at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot, with over 1.5 million people having been fully vaccinated
Vietnam on Thursday recorded 10,639 new local Covid-19 cases, the highest single-day tally ever observed since the coronavirus hit the country.
The three localities recording the highest number of cases were Ho Chi Minh City with 4,425 cases, Binh Duong with 3,255 cases and Dong Nai with 657 cases.
Thursday’s tally has put Vietnam’s total coronavirus tally at 312,611 cases, meaning there are 3,180 cases for every one million people, ranking 169th of all countries and territories. Since the fourth coronavirus wave hit Vietnam in late April, the total infection tally is 308,559 cases.
Also on Thursday, 5,000 people were announced recovered from the disease, putting the total number of recovered cases so far to 120,059 cases.
380 new deaths were recorded, with 307 in Ho Chi Minh City, 45 in Binh Duong, 17 in Long An, three in Can Tho, and two each in Ben Tre, Binh Thuan, Tien Giang and Vinh Long. The total coronavirus death tally in Vietnam so far is 7,150 cases, or 2.3 percent of the infection tally, around the world’s average.
“While this 10,600 may be startling to see, total daily cases become less important as a greater proportion of the population is vaccinated. In Saigon, for example, 70% have at least one shot, offering good protection against hospitalization.” said an expat in Vietnam.
“As a result, severe illness and total deaths should start to decrease, offering hope that this horribly painful lockdown will soon end.” he added.
Vietnam has vaccinated nearly 16 million people with at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot, with over 1.5 million people having been fully vaccinated.
- Vietnam’s ongoing coronavirus wave’s tally reaches 67,422 cases
- India records highest spike of daily COVID-19 cases this year, tally at 11,846,652
- Vietnam’s new Covid-19 wave rose to 177,804 Thursday morning
- COVID-19: 5,025 cases added to national tally
- The infection tally of Vietnam’s new Covid-19 wave rose to 1,678
- Vietnam’s domestic Covid-19 tally was up by 33 on Thursday morning
- COVID-19: 220 new cases raise tally to 12,014
- Covid-19 news: HCMC coronavirus tally in new wave crosses 4,000
- Vietnam has vaccinated more than 1.77 million of its 96-million population