T&T Group presents medical supplies to Can Tho to help the southern city fight against COVID-19.
NDO - T&T Group donated medical supplies worth VND25 billion (US$1 million) to Can Tho on August 18 to help the southern city in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
The donations included 200,000 rapid test kits, 10,000 PCR test kits and 1,000 medical beds.
Amid the complex developments of COVID-19, Can Tho has launched a mass testing campaign for its 1.2 million residents to detect those infected with the virus in a timely manner.
City officials said the number of test kits required for the campaign to soon fulfil its goal is enormous.
Following an appeal from Can Tho, T&T Group transported 200,000 rapid test kits as part of the donation package from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City by air and then to Can Tho by road to support the city with the testing.
Earlier, 1,000 medical beds were transported to Can Tho to help with the setup of field hospitals.
On the same day, the Fatherland Front of Bac Lieu Province received a VND5 billion (US$219,000) donation from Vietinbank to help the southern province increase its resources for the fight against COVID-19.
- Germany presents 190,000 test kits to Vietnam
- German hospital provides medical supplies to Vietnam to fight Covid
- Leipzig city gifts coronavirus test kits to Vietnamese hospital
- HCMC to buy 300,000 Covid-19 test kits
- Switzerland sends 13 tons of medical supplies to Vietnam
- EuroCham members join hands with Vietnam to combat Covid-19
- Haul of medical supplies donated to OVs in RoK to fight COVID-19 pandemic
- Testing – one of “weapons” in COVID-19 fight
- Vietnamese technology to make Covid-19 test kits will be transferred to Cuba