A representative of the HCMC Party Committee hands over medical equipment to a new field hospital for Covid-19 treatment, which was inaugurated at the Tan Binh Exhibition and Convention Center this morning - PHOTO: HCMCPV.ORG.VN
HCMC - The Tan Binh Exhibition and Convention Center in HCMC has been transformed into a field hospital for Covid-19 treatment and was put into operation on August 18.
The field hospital is located at No. 446, Hoang Van Thu Street, Ward 4, Tan Binh District, and is monitored by the Thong Nhat Hospital.
With 1,000 beds, the hospital can treat Covid-19 patients with all symptoms from mild and moderate to serious ones.
Associate Professor Doctor Le Dinh Thanh, director of Thong Nhat Hospital, said as the number of Covid-19 patients in the city has risen drastically, transporting patients with symptoms of various severity levels to different hospitals becomes time-consuming.
Therefore, the steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control of Tan Binh District and the Thong Nhat Hospital decided to set up a field hospital that is able to treat Covid-19 patients with all kinds of symptoms.
The new field hospital set up at the Tan Binh Exhibition and Convention Center has 300 beds on the first floor for Covid-19 patients with mild symptoms, 650 beds on the second floor for those with moderate symptoms and 50 beds on the third floor for critical patients.
Together with support from other hospitals in the city and the Tan Binh District Medical Center, the Thong Nhat Hospital has sent 139 doctors and nurses as well as ventilators, testing equipment and X-ray machines to the new field hospital.
Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son said the field hospital will provide the residents in Tan Binh District with the fastest and safest medical services.
- HCMC opens Covid-19 field hospital with 1,000 beds
- 1,000-bed field hospital put into operation in HCMC
- Binh Duong to set up two Covid treatment hospitals for foreigners
- Binh Duong puts another field hospital into service
- HCMC plans to build 1,000-bed field hospital
- Vietnam reports 277 new Covid-19 cases
- Binh Duong to establish two more Covid-19 field hospitals
- Field Hospital 1 in HCMC discharges over 9,000 Covid patients
- Binh Duong converts workshop into Covid-19 field hospital
- 80% of Covid-19 patients in HCMC have no or mild symptoms