Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh (R) shakes hands with Polish Ambassador to Vietnam Wojciech Gerwel. Poland has decided to donate 501,000 doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine to Vietnam and transfer three million doses to the country - PHOTO: VGP
HCMC - Poland has decided to donate 501,000 doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine to Vietnam and transfer three million doses to the country to achieve herd immunity.
Besides, Poland will donate medical equipment and supplies worth US$4 million to Vietnam, set to arrive in HCMC on August 25.
Speaking at a meeting with Polish Ambassador to Vietnam Wojciech Gerwel on August 17, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh expressed his gratitude to the Polish Government for its donation and willingness to share such a huge volume of vaccines with Vietnam.
The Polish Government made the decision after receiving a proposal from PM Chinh to help Vietnam, said Gerwel, adding that Vietnam is the first non-European partner country to receive Poland’s vaccine and medical supply donations.
The Polish ambassador highly valued Vietnam’s efforts in the fight against Covid-19, believing that the country would put the pandemic under control.
Describing the Vietnam-Poland relationship, PM Chinh said that Poland has always been Vietnam’s largest trade partner in Central and Eastern Europe.
Despite the pandemic, two-way trade between the two countries between January and July amounted to US$1.5 billion, up 34% year-on-year.
The prime minister suggested both countries further enhance collaboration between high-level leaders, ministries and localities and strengthen cooperation in fields such as investment, official development assistance, national defense, information technology, education and training and culture and arts.
In addition, the prime minister expected Poland to create more favorable conditions for Vietnamese exporters to ship farm produce to the Polish market, the local media reported.
- Vietnam to received over 501,000 AstraZeneca vaccine doses by Poland
- Vietnam to Receive More COVID 19 Vaccines Transfered From Poland
- Exhibition celebrates Vietnam-Poland diplomatic relations
- The Polish Embassy gives computers to a high school in Hanoi
- Australia to donate 1.5 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine to Vietnam
- Japan says to donate another one million doses of Covid-19 vaccine to Vietnam
- Japan to present one million more Covid-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam
- UK to donate 415,000 Covid vaccine doses to Vietnam
- Over 1.2 million more AstraZeneca vaccine doses arrive in HCMC