Vietnam will promote COVID-19 prevention and control cooperation, particularly concerning vaccines, among members of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA) and ASEAN nations at the upcoming 42nd General Assembly of the AIPA (AIPA- 42), said National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue.
National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue speaks at the event (Photo: VNA)
Hue made the statement while chairing a meeting on August 16 concerning the preparation for Vietnam’s attendance at the General Assembly.
The top legislator will lead a high-level NA delegation to attend the virtual AIPA- 42 on August 23 – 25 at the invitation of Speaker of the Legislative Council of Brunei Abdul Rahman Taib. This is the first official multilateral diplomatic activity of Chairman Hue and the NA delegation in the 15th tenure of the NA.
Hearing reports on the ASEAN situation since the beginning of 2021 as well as Vietnam’s contributions to AIPA and preparation for the upcoming attendance, Hue stressed a request for the improvement of the NA’s activities for external relations.
Parliamentary diplomacy has to make contribution to promoting the position, image and prestige of Vietnam in the region and in the world, he affirmed.
He ordered speeding up related preparation activities, ensuring pandemic safety, and implementing communications work on the AIPA- 42.
Head of the NA Committee for External Relations Vu Hai Ha said the NA delegation will attend the General Assembly in the spirit of making active and practical contributions and ensuring Vietnam’s benefit and principle stance.
- Second meeting of National Steering Committee and Organising Committee for AIPA 41 held
- Vietnam works to promote role of AIPA
- Top Vietnamese, Brunei legislators hold online talks
- Vietnam ready for AIPA 41
- Vietnam proposes equal access to Covid 19 vaccines to AIPA 42 agenda
- NA Vice Chairwoman meets diplomats of ASEAN countries, AIPA observers
- Important issues on table during AIPA 41’s second working day
- Role of young parliamentarians highlighted within AIPA 41’s framework
- ASEAN, AIPA work together toward new development path