Gift giving in Bac Lieu (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam on August 16 signed the Prime Minister’s Dispatch No.1081/CD-TTG on COVID-19 prevention and control.
Under the dispatch, the PM asked the People’s Committees of centrally-run cities and provinces under social distancing order in accordance with Directive No.16/CT-TTg to actively decide whether to continue with distancing measures in line with the directive based on local realities.
Localities were required to ensure food, housing and medical support for residents so that they could rest assured to stay in place and follow prevention and control measures.
Cities and provinces under social distancing must reach consensus with localities concerned to receive and welcome those wishing to return to their native homes, with priority given to pregnant women and those with small children, as well as assist firms in safe production.
The same day, Deputy Prime Minister Le Minh Khai has signed Decision No.1409/QD-TTg directing the Finance Ministry to allocate over 4,100 tonnes of rice from the national reserve to the southern provinces of Binh Phuoc, Bac Lieu and Soc Trang in support of residents hit by COVID-19 pandemic.
Specifically, Binh Phuoc will receive more than 559 tonnes, Bac Lieu over 636 tonnes and Soc Trang over 2,921 tonnes.
Authorities of Binh Phuoc, Bac Lieu and Soc Trang must be responsible for accuracy of data provided by them and support for the right persons in line with regulations.
- Southern localities extend social distancing by two weeks
- Many localities extend social distancing
- Vietnam To Apply Social Distancing in 19 Southern Provinces Cities
- COVID-19: More southern localities to impose social distancing
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau to ease social distancing
- Localities asked to minimize social distancing impact on socioeconomic development
- Localities asked to conduct quick Covid-19 tests for truckers
- HCMC sees 10 new Covid-19 infections
- Hanoi extends social distancing for another two weeks as PM orders stronger measures