Ceremonies to kick off the school year city-wide are scheduled for September 5 (Illustrative image) (Photo:VNA)
NDO/VNA – The earliest date for students at all levels in Hanoi to start their 2021 – 2022 academic year is September 1, according to a decision freshly issued by the capital authorities.
The decision applies to educational facilities from kindergarten to high schools, as well as centres for continuing education.
Ceremonies to kick off the school year city-wide are scheduled for September 5, with the first and second semester planned to be completed before January 16 and May 25, respectively.
Holidays during the year will follow regulations set by the Labour Code and related annual guiding documents.
The city has asked the director of the municipal Department of Education and Training to seriously implement the timeline planned for the academic year and propose changes in such special cases as natural disasters and diseases.
As from April 29 to date, Hanoi logged 2,248 cases of COVID-19, including 1,221 ones found in the community.
- New school year to begin on September 1
- Elementary students in Truong Sa island district enter new school year
- Schools in Hanoi to begin new academic year on September 5 as usual
- HCMC’s students expected to return for 2020-2021 school year on September 1
- Vietnam’s new school year to begin on September 5 as usual
- Southern provinces delay start of new school year amid virus surge
- 23 million Vietnamese students enter new academic year
- New school year begins with joy amid COVID-19
- HCMC to hire more teachers, staff for 2020-2021 academic year