Covid-19 patients are treated at the Trung Vuong Hospital in HCMC. HCMC has adjusted its Covid-19 treatment system to three levels - PHOTO: PLO
HCMC – HCMC has adjusted its treatment system from five to three levels to mobilize resources for the treatment of critical patients, said Deputy Director of the municipal Department of Health Nguyen Huu Hung.
At a press briefing on the city’s fight against the pandemic on August 16, Hung said the three-level system was in line with the recommendations of the Ministry of Health. Accordingly, medical workers and equipment will be reasonably allocated for the levels, the local media reported.
Under the first level currently, 18,120 asymptomatic Covid-19 cases and those with mild symptoms will stay at home and nearly 23,900 patients will be quarantined at centralized quarantine facilities in Thu Duc City and districts. The city will provide healthcare services and food to those at home.
Meanwhile, hospitals under the second level will receive moderate and severe Covid-19 cases. Under this level, there are 74 hospitals with nearly 49,400 beds, including 24 field hospitals, 41 general hospitals of the city and nine centrally-run hospitals.
Under the third level, severe and critical cases will be treated. There are eight facilities at this level, including the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Cho Ray, 115 People's Hospital and five recuperation centers.
HCMC has been practicing social distancing under the prime minister’s Directive 16 for 39 days and has recorded more than 149,200 Covid-19 cases. The city will strive to suppress the pandemic before September 15.
- 80% of Covid-19 patients in HCMC have no or mild symptoms
- HCMC prepared to cope with up to 15,000 Covid-19 cases, 500 critical patients
- Health Ministry to issue instructions on home quarantine for Covid-19 patients in HCMC
- HCMC calls on all hospitals to get ready to admit Covid-19 patients
- HCMC uses quick test results to decide on discharging of Covid-19 patients from hospital
- HCMC: Nine hospitals to treat patients in quarantine
- Hospitals in HCMC told not to let Covid-19 patients die at home
- Tu Du Maternity Hospital in HCMC provides telehealth service
- Hospitals in HCMC ordered not to deny Covid-19 patients